Wednesday 18 July 2012

look loud lips: toffee cup





I was lucky enough recently to win Look Magazine's 'What I'm Wearing' Street Style competition and to my joy a bundle of cosmetic delights was my prize that arrived on my doorstop yesterday morning - it felt like Christmas I tell you.  

One of the items I received was their Loud Lips lipstick in Toffee Cup (I also received Baby Doll and Tangerine Cream from the Loud Lips collection) which is housed in baby pink boxes with Ashley Isham print for decoration which is also embossed on the sturdy, magnetic silver lipstick casing. I like the magnetic casing as it shuts close in a jiffy and my lipstick feels protected. Despite not being the most delicate packaging wise I find the print extremely pleasing to the eye.

At first I was unsure of the shade in tube form as I thought it looked a little too dark for my skin tone and I thought it was more of a chocolate brown nude. I don't really venture into nude lip territory often, besides my favourite Rimmel Nude Delight, frequently opting for corals and reds instead. However, upon application I found that it was a very flattering milky brown with pink undertones which I think is well suited for fair to medium skin tones.
The shade is very natural and therefore suitable for the workplace and everyday wear, and I particularly love the creamy formula that feels very light on the lips leaving a somewhat sheen finish which is quite moisturising. Wear-ability I would say is only up to two, three hours max. but I do love the pigmentation and milky softness of the Look Beauty range lipsticks and so toffee cup is a very welcome edition to my collection and a great choice for an everyday or nude lip.


instagram: ohlittlered

 photo homeeee_zps214aed0e.jpg

2 comments:

  1. The colour is lovely! Really suits you! Xx docdocsblog.blogspot.com xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh my gosh this lippy is gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete

hello lovelies! I read and try to reply to each and every comment and they really do make my day :)